Search This Blog

Art Finalists's exhibition


This was one of my favourites - on the theme of colour. Very simple, really: coloured water(?) in little glass vials hung in a rainbow sequence from the ceiling.

Whatever else the artist may have intended (and on the glasses in the background each vial had a curious personally critical, Alice-in-Wonderland, type message attached), I thought her work was just quite beautiful.



This outdoor installation - balloons attached to concrete blocks - also caught my eye. Platonic spirituality - spirit wanting to escape matter? - or dreams tied down by reality?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a wonderful work I once saw in New York of a field of tilled soil, with balloons half burried, as if emerging, perhaps growing, from the soil. Truly inspiring.